Thursday 24 January 2013

Thai... What?

THAIPUSAM
 
Thaipusam the word Thaipusam is a combination of the name of the month it is held: Thai, and the name of the star: pusam. It is a religious Hindu festival celebrated on the full moon of the Tamil month of Thai which is January or February. The star, pusam is at its highest point during this time. The festival is a celebration of the occasion when Parvati gave Murugan a Vel or a spear so he could kill the evil demon Soorapadman.
It’s just Rio and I traveling now. After the initial heartache of Pete going back to the U.S. Rio and I have really gotten excited about our upcoming travels. This weekend we are going to Penang by ferry, Mid February we will be taking a sailing course together so we will be at sea for two weeks then at of February we are going to Chiang Mai, Thailand by train/plane for a month. She is helping me with the train schedules and flight reservations; she’s an all around joy to be around, I can’t think of anyone else I would rather travel with really! (Don’t tell Pete, but sometimes he just doesn’t have enough get up and go for me!)
I am very excited a to share this with my friends and family, so check back in the days to come for updates!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog Tami! Bright, funny, enthusiastic, adventuresome, a true expression of YOU and all the reasons I love you so!! The honesty is such a great thing to hear, like a sunrise on the other side of some
    Struggles. Stay strong, I think you got it!! More!!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete